Makkah experienced its lowest occupancy level during the month of April since 2010, according to figures that have been released by industry analysts STR.
“STR analysts note that the absolute occupancy level was the lowest for an April since 2010, while absolute ADR was the lowest for the month since 2007,” said a spokesperson for STR.
“Significant supply growth (+6.2%) has been the main driver of negative performance in the market. Until a 6.7% demand decrease in April, the market had reported four consecutive months of demand growth.”
- Occupancy: -12.2% to 66.4%
- ADR: -17.9% to SAR387.12
- RevPAR: -27.9% to SAR257.23
- Occupancy: -4.4% to 72.0%
- Average daily rate (ADR): -4.5% to US$163.76
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): -12.1% to US$115.45