To celebrate its 30th anniversary this month, Jordan’s Chili House has announced plans to expand in 2016, with its first restaurants in Dubai – UAE, Kuwait City – Kuwait, and Misratah – Libya. Current negotiations are also under way for Egypt and Algeria.
The company has dispatched 40 key personnel from Jordan to the various countries to assure quality control in operations, and brand value to the consumer. “To be in the restaurant business in Jordan for 30 years is a huge milestone,” commented Sami Daoud, CEO of Chili House.
“We wanted to build a restaurant that demonstrates true Jordanian hospitality as an important family principle, which everyone values. All our executive programmes allow team members to be part of the decision making process. Business is built on partnerships, and what I like to call the 3 P’s, (product, process and people), when these are all in place and well thought out, the probability for success is greatly enhanced. I believe people are the most important element to achieving success in this business,” added Daoud.
Owned by the Daoud Family, the first Chili House restaurant was opened in 1985, and has grown to 28 restaurants in 7 countries (Jordan, Palestine, Libya, Qatar, KSA, Oman and Iraq), employing more than 500 individuals. In the last two years, Chili House has initiated many new architectural, food safety, operations, and technology programmes, to facilitate its growth.
Also Chili House will be announcing a Non Smoking Policy for all units in the Gulf region as of January 01, 2016. Following an IPSOS study, conducted last month, which indicated a clear majority of customers prefer a smoke free environment.
Interesting facts on Chili House
- Chili House serves up over 1.5 tonnes of chili sauce each and every month which is 18 tonnes per year.
- The chain utilises over 20 tonnes of cheddar cheese per year.
- The restaurant serves chain wide over 12,000 hamburgers a day or 4.3 million hamburgers per year.
- The Original Secret Chili Recipe is based in Macedonia, it is made up of 14 herbs and spices in addition to some Middle Eastern spices, such as zaatar, and marramieh to give it a more Eastern flavour.
- The vegetables all come from European Union Certified Organic Farms, in Jordan and the region.
- Currently, Chili House wide sales across the chain account for $25 million annually from 28 locations, while the Gold Star Chili store wide sales are $55 million annually from 87 locations.