Project Provocateur, Taikun’s interactive dinner show, may be Dubai’s new obsession, but let’s not forget the venue’s tantalising dishes, which perfectly complement the venue. Here are our top five to try:
- Sea Salt and Chili Garlic Edamame: This isn’t your average, takeout sushi accompaniment. Spicy, garlicky and served warm, this edamame will make any dish(es) you order a thousand times better.
- Salmon Carpaccio: Sesame ponzu, spring onion and dry chili make this delightful dish the perfect meal opener. When it comes to raw selections, Taikun is among the best in town.
- The Makis: The wasabi tuna maki is pretty much unforgettable. The fresh selection also includes the wagyu tataki roll, a truffle-infused gem, and the aka dragon, which offers a balanced fusion of avocado, prawns and cream cheese.
- Teriyaki Beef Tenderloin: Juicy and and oozing teriyaki goodness, this is another spicy choice that is bound to impress.
- Coconut Crème Brûlée: Served inside an actual coconut, this tropical treat is a twist on the French dessert, and is refreshing as it is sweet.
Taikun also boasts a terrace for a Downtown Dubai dinner under the stars. The restaurant and lounge is located at Vida Downtown.