Zomato has expanded its presence in the UAE to cover all seven emirates, and now provides in-depth information for over 14,000 restaurants across Dubai, Sharjah, Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, Ajman, Fujairah, and Abu Dhabi.
Users in Ras Al-Khaimah can now browse through restaurant information, read and write restaurant reviews, share pictures, as well as build a personal network of trusted foodies. It also offers an exciting prospect for business owners to reach out to and engage with a highly targeted audience.
“The recent addition of Ras Al-Khaimah was a result of feedback and demand from our users in UAE, who were missing Zomato in their emirate. This year, we have been focusing on creating a seamless in-app experience for our users, and have been working on moving beyond just restaurant discovery, into in-app cashless payments, online ordering, and table reservations. We have been seeing great traction on the in-app payment segment, and already have over 375 merchants on board. It’s been a welcome addition for our users as well, and we’ve been seeing an average transaction size of about 150 AED,” said Pankaj Chaddah, co-founder and coo of Zomato.
This news closely follows Zomato’s announcement of their alliance with Uber, enabling users to book cabs to the restaurant they are planning to eat at, from within the Zomato app.
- Launched in Dubai in September 2012
- Zomato now covers over 14,000 restaurants across all 7 emirates
- Zomato currently employs over 100 people in the UAE
- Zomato plans to hire an additional 150 people over the next quarter
- Zomato launched its in-app payments feature in Dubai in Feb 2015
- Zomato has over 375 restaurant partners on board with ‘Cashless’
- Zomato will launch its online ordering feature in the UAE in the next quarter