The GM Leaders Conference 2019 is due to take place at Sofitel The Palm on 23 April 2019 and the agenda has been revealed below.
8:15 AM: Registration Opens
8:55 AM: Opening Remarks: Wissam Younane, CEO, BNC Publishing
9:00 AM: Keynote Address: AbdelRahim AbuSedira, head of SME Marketing, du
9:10 AM: Welcome Address: Christophe Schnyder, general manager, Sofitel Dubai The Palm
9:20 AM: Panel 1: The changing phase of hospitality
Although the hospitality industry is still dominated by hotels, home-stay services are changing the landscape drastically. While the success of these individual companies, in the Middle East, still has a long way to go to match up to its global success, what is its impact on the hotel industry?
- Slim Zaiane, general manager, Kempinski Hotel MOE
- Alexander Suski, regional director of sales & marketing, Millennium Hotels and Resorts Middle East and Africa
- Caroline Trichet, general manager, Pullman Dubai JLT
- Chris Gregory-Pasha, senior sales manager, Middle East & Africa, Trip Advisor
10:15 AM Panel 2: Mastering the technology landscape
Ensuring you are up-to-date with technological advancements in today’s market is an integral aspect of the business, from mobile check-in and OTT in-room services to integrating blockchain and AI within your hotel, how can hotels make the most of technology?
- Nayla Chowdhury, general manager, Hampton By Hilton Dubai
- Nila Pendarovski, general manager, Rove Dubai Marina
- Paula de Keijzer, senior director, Market Management Middle East, Africa, Greece, and Turkey, Expedia Group
- Khaled Zaki, cluster general manager, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and Holiday Inn Downtown
11:00 AM: Coffee and networking break
11:15: Expert Session: The Economy of Ecology, by Giorgio Vallesi, beverage category manager, Chef Middle East.
11:30 AM : Panel 3: Growing pains in the Middle East hospitality market
There is a debate whether the regional market has ‘matured’ or in the ‘maturing’ phase, as compared to some of the hospitality hubs across the globe. This panel will delve into a number of discussions that impact the hospitality industry in the Middle East from the effect of big events like the Expo2020 and 2022 FIFA World Cup, and developing infrastructure to the ADR war between 5-star and mid-market hotels.
- Iftikhar Hamdani, cluster general manager, Wyndham Garden Ajman Corniche, Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Ajman, and Ramada by Wyndham Beach Hotel Ajman
- Ahmad Shaban, vice president, sales & marketing, Barcelo Gulf
- Anne Scott, general manager, W Dubai- The Palm
- Richard Haddad, CEO, Jannah Hotels & Resorts
- Joanne Williams, general manager at Citymax Barsha, Citymax Barsha 2, and Citymax Business Bay
The event is free to attend for hospitality professionals. To register please click here
For speaking enquiries get in touch with Mahak Mannan at email@example.com
For commercial enquiries get in touch with Samer Alloush at firstname.lastname@example.org