Carlos Khenisser, VP development, Hilton Worldwide Middle East gives his overview on the next 12 months on the landscape of the industry and also Hilton’s ambitious pipeline plans.
- Expects a continued increase in the number of guests seeking mid-market hotel options and by 2016 the UAE will boast three Hilton Garden Inn properties;
- Hilton’s expanding mid-market portfolio will focus on families seeking affordable, energising hotel experiences;
- Growing family-focused source markets will include Saudi Arabia, Oman and India;
- As Egypt targets 20 million tourists by 2020, Hilton will continue to view the country as a key market for expansion;
- There will be opportunities to open more airport hotels across the MEA region – Hilton Dubai South, Hilton Al Qusais and Hilton Garden Inn Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi are already signed;
- Travellers will want authentic travel experiences and hotels with an individual identity – Curio – A Collection by Hilton, caters to this trend with 21 properties under development including the Curio at the Mall of Qatar and the Rosemont Hotel and Residences in Dubai.