Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel is now seeking a Cluster Food and Beverage Manager to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The Cluster Food & Beverage Manager will provide leadership for the day to day operation of the F&B department including Meeting and Events, Restaurants, Executive Lounge, Room Service in respect to standards, revenues and cost control with the aim of achieving optimum financial returns for the company/owners, whilst ensuring highest levels of associate and guest satisfaction.
- Provides the strategic direction for F&B department of the hotel
- Trains and develops the F&B team and provides support when required
- Ensures that the operational departments work effectively as one team with the F&B departments to provide seamless service across the operation.
- In conjunction with the Cluster Executive Chef, prepares the sales promotions and mailings.
- Works closely with all HODs and F&B to ensure the hotel is in full compliance with licensing, regulations, Health & safety policies, Food Hygiene regulations and other local policy and procedures.
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled.
- Has a detailed understanding of the competitive landscape as a whole in your area/city including emerging trends.
- Gathers for large events, oversees for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers.
- Assures bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service.
- Takes an active role in the supervision of the preparation of the marketing plan, operation plan and related action plans, including F&B pricing strategies.
- Ensures that the F&B operations team thinks outside the box with regards to ‘wowing the guests’
- Is conducting frequent and thorough inspections of the hotel F&B operations to ensure excellence is consistently maintained.
- Verifying that the best products are used in the F&B Operation on a regular basis.
- Taking responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects within the building to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Establishes positive contacts within the hotel and Wyndham’s internal organization to ensure best use of company’s skills, services and professional knowledge.
- Identifies opportunities for resources and facilities to be shared between the properties and implement practice.
- Maintains a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintains and enhances the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Is Responsible for People leadership of direct reports of your teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conducts regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensures that your department is fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensures that the administration of the probation review process in your department and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for department as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Controls the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Ensures that you dine in the Team member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Supports WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Attend ExCom/Sr HOD Meetings
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally BA hotel Management / Business or equivalent
- Ideally working 2 to 3 years as Cluster F&B Manager previously, progressive growth in F&B Division (4 to 5 years relevant management experience)
- Ability to manage a large team.
- Preferably experience in a 4/5 star branded international hotel chain
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.