Small business owners in the F&B industry are being invited to enter The Innovation Hub in Association with British Airways and Avios, a competition to be held during the Gulfood Conference 2016.
F&B business owners have until February 15 to enter the competition with five shortlisted businesses invited to pitch during The F&B Business Forum, taking place on February 21, 2016 at Dubai World Trade Centre, from 5pm.
The Innovation Hub is a Dragon’s Den style competition, during which existing businesses will be shortlisted to pitch their idea to innovate the regional F&B industry through an expansion of their operations or addition to their product portfolio.
The Innovation Hub is designed to support small businesses in a competitive market by recognising and highlighting areas of innovation, and those businesses which have the ability to bring a new idea to the market.
The winner will be named during the Gulfood Awards, taking place on the evening of February 21.
To enter, F&B business owners must:
- Have an innovative plan for an expansion, recruitment drive, new product launch, or similar, to be undertaken in 2016
- Employ no more than 100 people
- Operate in the GCC, Levant or North Africa
- Be available to join The Innovation Hub from 5pm on February 21 and the Gulfood Awards that evening
The competition will be judged by: Samer S. Hamadeh co-founder and managing partner at Aegis Hospitality; Ziad Kamel, co-founder and managing partner at Aegis Hospitality; Nicholas Couvaras, MD, KROMA; Marwan Abdulaziz Janahi, Executive Director of Dubai Science Park
To enter, business owners must personally submit their expansion idea, in no more than 1,000 words via Gulfood@bncpublishing.net The submission must include:
- Business name
- Full contact details, including web and physical address
- Brief background of the company
- Areas of operation
- Details of proposed innovation
The winner of The Innovation Hub in Association with British Airways’ On Business programme and Avios will receive:
- 2 x Club World Business Class return tickets to London with British Airways
- 1000,000 Avios rewards
- A 2016 Gulfood Award