Hotels in Dubai produce twice as much CO2 as those in Europe, which causes havoc on both the environment and utilities bills. At the GM Leaders Conference 2016, Sandrine Le Biavant, director of consultancy at Farnek offered her top tips on how hotels can save money and boost CSR engagement.
Discussing the cost of utilities versus revenue, she said: Figures are improving YoY, last year saw energy consumption in kWh reduce by 6.8%, with the overall water consumption reducing by 1.3%.
Explaining how hotels can keep their costs to a minimum, she listed her top tips to hoteliers.
- Hotels must establish realistic goals.
- They need to then benchmark.
- The property needs to be audited.
- A capital projects analysis then needs to take place.
- Capital Projects are then implemented.
- Followed by close monitoring.