Hotel News ME profiles the group’s 2016 achievements, future goals and its planned Middle East pipeline.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is a leading hotel and leisure company worldwide boasting nearly 1,300 properties in 100 countries the group employs over 188,000 people at its owned and managed properties.
Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under recognised brands including: St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Westin, Le Méridien, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft and Element, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels. The company also operated a loyalty program for guests called Starwood Preferred Guest.
Westin Doha Hotel and Spa
• Home to the second largest ballroom in Doha, the hotel also features over 3,000 square meters of function space.
• The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa represents a lifestyle hotel brand focused solely on wellbeing.
• Doha’s new serene downtown sanctuary boasts 365 rooms and suites including a presidential suite and five pool villas.
• The hotel features The Heavenly Spa by Westin and Doha’s first man-made wave pool.
W Dubai Al Habtoor City
• The hotel offers insider access to Dubai, with a full calendar of W Happenings showcasing what’s new and next in fashion, music and entertainment.
• Guests can enjoy the brand’s Whatever/Whenever service philosophy that delivers whatever they want, whenever they want it.
• Guests checking into the hotel are taken up 30 floors to W Lounge, W Hotels’ reinterpretation of the traditional hotel lobby.
• The Extreme Wow Suite – the W brand’s take on a Presidential Suite – occupies the 27th and 28th floors with panoramic views of Dubai’s skyline and Sheikh Zayed Road.
• The suite’s sophisticated urban features include a kitchenette, spacious lounge area, multi-event area, wine chiller, bar, DJ station, dance floor, catwalk ramp and pool table.
• The hotel offers SPG Keyless, the hospitality industry’s first keyless entry system.
Aloft Riyadh and Aloft Bahrain
• Aloft started connecting with the Whatsapp-addicted Saudi market with an Emoji Recruitment campaign to allow job-seekers to apply by messaging the company four emojis to describe themselves.
• The two Aloft hotels will also feature SPG Keyless—Starwood’s industry-first keyless entry system that enables guests to use their smartphone or Apple watch as a room key.
• The hotel concept will be a first in Saudi.
• In-line with the brands innovative programming, the hotels will work on engaging events and launches with the local community of artists, start-ups and local influencers.
Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City
• Standing 41 storeys tall, The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City is the largest for the brand in the Middle East and features more than 1,000 guestrooms, including 142 suites and the top Heavenly Suite.
• The hotel is home to the Westin® Family Kids Club an enriching space for little travellers.
Current number of properties in the Middle East
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Hotels: 25 Rooms: 7619
SAUDI ARABIA: Hotels: 10 Rooms: 3738
QATAR: Hotels: 4 Rooms: 941
SYRIA: Hotels: 3 Rooms: 718
JORDAN: Hotels: 2 Rooms: 375
KUWAIT: Hotels: 2 Rooms: 278
LEBANON: Hotels: 2 Rooms: 734
BAHRAIN: Hotels: 3 Rooms: 1181
OMAN: Hotels: 1 Rooms: 217
IRAQ: Hotels: 1 Rooms: 200
TOTAL 53 16001