Dubai welcomes first Austrian University dedicated to hospitality industry

Posted under News.
by Sophia Soltani | Published 4 years ago

Loading Share Content...


Dubai has welcomed the Middle East’s first Austrian University, dedicated to the development of the next generation of hospitality professionals.

capture

MODUL University Dubai, a subsidiary of Dubai Investments PJSC, a leading university specialising in tourism and hospitality courses in the Middle East and Austria’s top international private university has officially opened for business.

The opening ceremony was held at the university’s 25,000 sq ft  campus at ONE JLT, Jumeirah Lakes Towers in Dubai in the presence of Abdulla Al Karam, Chairman of the Board of Knowledge and Human Development Authority [KHDA], Mohammed Saeed Al Raqbani, General Manager of Dubai Investments Industries [DII],  Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman of DMCC, H.E. Andreas Liebmann, Ambassador of Austria to the UAE, H.E. Walter Ruck, President of Vienna Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Dr Karl Wober, Founding President of MODUL University Vienna, and many other dignitaries, business leaders and officials.

Dubai Investments owns 90% stake in MODUL University Dubai, while DACH Advisory, a specialised investment management firm in the transfer of cross-border business models, owns the remaining 10%.

Over 100 students from 32 different nationalities with 20% overseas students have enrolled in the first batch of programmes at MODUL University Dubai, which specialises in undergraduate and MBA degree programs in hospitality and tourism management.

Mohammed Saeed Al Raqbani, General Manager of DII, said: “UAE is a hotspot for business, with tourism and hospitality as a core pillar in its economic growth. With the total contribution of the sector expected to grow at nearly 5.5% in the country over the next 10 years, MODUL University Dubai is the right fit in the UAE market, with its strong legacy in the tourism and hospitality education worldwide. The growth potential is immense and Dubai Investments Industries is thrilled to be part of this initiative in capacity building and knowledge development.”

Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, DMCC, said: “The launch of MODUL University Dubai represents a great initiative towards elevating educational services in the UAE and will help fuel the nation’s knowledge economy. At DMCC we believe in empowering and preparing the next generation of strategists and leaders, through education and guidance.  MODUL University embraces the ethos of providing opportunities for rising stars to shine and it gives us great pleasure to welcome everyone to DMCC.”

MODUL University Dubai, the only Austrian University in the Middle East with a track record of over 100 years of excellence in education, also offers Bachelor of Science in International Management, General MBA and MBA in New Media and Information Management as well as short-term professional development courses for hospitality working professionals. Founded by the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industries, the university’s faculty members are 70% PhD holders and all university programs are accredited by KHDA of the Emirate of Dubai.









Sign up for our newsletter

Follow Hotel News ME

Contact us

Building #10, Dubai Media City
PO Box 502511, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 420 0506


Just ask. Get answers.

Your questions and comments are important to us.

Contact Us