Last night (Monday 18 September), the inaugural GulfHost Innovation Awards recognised the food and beverage companies leading industry innovation at a glittering ceremony at Armani Hotel Dubai.
The awards took place on the opening day of GulfHost, part of Dubai International Hospitality Week, which encompasses six foodservice and hospitality trade shows, taking place from 18 – 20 September at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Trixie LohMirmand, senior vice president, Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), said: “This year marked a new milestone for the F&B industry with the launch this week of GulfHost, the first dedicated food services and hospitality exhibition to support the development of the fast-growing industry across the region.
“The inaugural GulfHost Innovation Awards add another dimension by spotlighting those companies innovating and helping to progress the industry even further. Through this recognition we hope to inspire even more pioneering excellence across the spectrum of products and services in F&B.”
Organised by Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), the GulfHost Innovation Awards were judged by an independent panel of industry experts, and endorsed by GulfHost’s Strategic Partner, the International Centre for Culinary Arts (ICCA).
The evening event included a competitive cook-off with award-winning chefs including Silvena Rowe, Jason Atherton, Colin Clague (Ruya), and Robert Nilsson (Viceroy Palm Jumeirah). Silvena Rowe was crowned champion with her winning signature dish.
GulfHost Innovation Award Winners 2017 include:
- Best Back of House Equipment Innovation (Hot): Rational Kitchen and Catering Equipment Trading FZCO – for Connected Cooking, a solution to connect and control kitchen appliances remotely
- Best Back of House Equipment Innovation (Other): Gebr. Echtermann GmbH & Co. KG – for Stainless Steel Sensor Tap, allowing kitchen users to wash their hands without a need to touch the tap
- Best Bar or Coffee Equipment Innovation: Santos – for the Nutrisantos #65, an easy-to-use cold press juicer
- Best Front of House Equipment Innovation: La Marquise International – for Gelato Popapp, an innovative gelato dispenser
- Best Green or Eco-Friendly Equipment Innovation: Heko – for Energy Manager, a smart kitchen solution to manage energy efficiencies
Taking the title for Best Green or Eco-Friendly category was Heko, for its Energy Manager. Pietro La Grassa, international sales manager, commented: “This award is extremely important to us as we are brand new to the MENA market.
“We are overwhelmed by the support and recognition we’ve had throughout GulfHost. Our Energy Manger makes kitchens run efficiently and is totally adaptable, ultimately cutting the cost of running a commercial kitchen.”
Winner of Best Back of House (other) category was Gebr Echtermann GmbH and Co, for its Stainless-Steel Tap.
A company representative commented: “It’s difficult to be innovative in our field, and that’s why we’ve worked so hard for our product to stand out and be unique in the market. Winning the GulfHost Innovation Awards is just amazing recognition for us, as we continue to grow in this market.”
Full details of the year’s winners can be found at: www.gulfhost.ae