At the MENA region’s first exclusive trade show, Private Label and Licensing Middle East, brand elevation will take centre stage with unmatched opportunities for private label suppliers and contract manufacturers to foster new business avenues.
Conceived to capitalise on the unprecedented growth, opportunities and market demand for private label and licensing opportunities, the MENA region’s inaugural Private Label and Licensing Middle East exhibition will take place from October 29-31, 2019 at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
With more than 130 international brands from 50 plus countries exhibiting products and solutions, the show is expected to attract more than 5000 visitors, eager to explore private label and licensing avenues to expand or launch their business.
Aimed at a number of verticals and industries associated with Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), the show will connect private label suppliers and contract manufacturers from across the globe with a focus on identifying new products and solutions to drive increased business opportunities.
Key focus areas of the show will explore three specific pillars:
- Private Label, which denotes products manufactured or packaged for sale under the name of the retailer, rather than that of the manufacturer. Retail heavyweight Carrefour, the region’s leading private label, is the Retail Excellence Partner for the event and will showcase a wide suite of private label products alongside other key retailers and brands.
- Brand Licensing, a process of leasing a renowned brand and using it on a product or a company for a designated time period. The event Category Sponsor for Licensing, Cartoon Network, will present brand licensing opportunities to visitors to leverage their iconic brand characters on product packaging.
- Contract Manufacturing, whichis the production of goods by one firm, under the label or brand of another firm that helps to produce and sell products without having to invest in heavy machinery or equipment.
Sales of private label in the Middle East and North Africa are increasing as consumers, particularly within the UAE and Saudi Arabia, are becoming more price conscious and their value perception of non-branded products is improving.
With companies across the region exploring new avenues to source the rights to leading brands, entertainment trademarks, licensees, product lines and strategic partnerships, Private Label and Licensing Middle East will feature a host of tailor-made programmes and workshops, including:
- Meetings Programme: Private Label & Licensing Middle East will host big retailers and FMCG giants to meet and network.
- RFP Portal: Open to all visitors and exhibitors, the Request for Proposal portal will enable buyers to upload purchasing requirements, receive proposals and schedule meetings ahead of the show, in turn allowing potential customers to build profiles and receive connection recommendations based on sourcing needs and sales offerings.
- Private Label & Licensing Middle East Summit: High-profile industry experts will share insights, product innovation and the latest market trendsto unravel the opportunities lying with private brands. Experts will share experiences, cases and updates ranging from ideation to distribution, helping businesses win and sustain customer loyalty.
- Brand Licensing Workshop: The free-to-attend workshop will help manufacturers and retailers understand the importance of product differentiation to help stay ahead of the curve and, ultimately, increase bottom line.
- Packaging Masterclass: The custom-made workshop, organised by TetraPak, will help companies explore innovative concepts of optimal packaging design to meet ever-increasing consumer demand for trendsetting products.
A new event by Gulfood, Private Label and Licensing Middle East will highlight growing business opportunities for individuals and companies in the region. Among key sponsors and partners of the exhibition are Carrefour as Retail Excellence Partner, TetraPak as Packaging Masterclass Partner, Cartoon Network as Category Sponsor – Licensing, FlavourTech and Al Emlaq as Gold Sponsor.
While the focus of Private Label and Licensing Middle East stretches across a plethora of industries, the inaugural exhibition will run alongside Gulfood Manufacturing 2019 to ensure participants can maximise business potential across the food industry supply chain.