Executive Housekeepers’ Summit 2017
November 27 – Conrad Hotel Dubai
8am – Registration, coffee and networking
9am – Networking address from Hotel News Middle East
9.05am – Keynote speech and presentation: Don’t create monsters
Jessica Hardinge – executive housekeeper Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort
Social media and sites like booking.com have meant there is no hiding place from negative online reviews. Some might say it has given too much power to the person making the complaint. In an age when some professional complainers are even publishing books on how to get what you want from a hotel; how do hoteliers deal with an irate customer, who threatens to unleash an invective of negativity if their demands are not met? The question also has to be asked if the social media companies are being fair to hoteliers by allowing scathing reviews to go unchecked?
9.30am – Panel Session 1: The evolution of housekeeping
The role of a housekeeper is constantly evolving. What are the challenges of being a housekeeper in the current climate? Does social media put added pressure on housekeepers to get it right immediately and is there scope for housekeepers to become more involved in the designing of hotels?
- Suman Basu, executive housekeeper, Movenpick JBR
- Pamini Hemaprabha, executive housekeeper, Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi
- Yvonne Chimbganda, head of housekeeping, Media One Hotel
10am – Address from Xeros
10.10am – Panel session 2: How to improve interaction with guests
The role of a housekeeper is no longer as simple as just checking rooms. In many ways housekeepers are back-of-house concierges. How can housekeepers improve their interaction with guests to ensure a more efficient and customer-friendly service?
- Darshana Chandrasiri, Lapita Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Mustafa Ghulam, executive housekeeper, One and Only Seef Bahrain Bay
- Tejes Hajbe, rooms division manager, Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments, Dubai
10.45am – Address from Guest Supply featuring Dubai Municipality
11.05am – Coffee break
11.20am – Panel session 3: The future of housekeeping
The hotel industry has never been afraid to embrace technology and the housekeeping sector is no different. In this panel, the experts take a look at what we can expect the future of the industry to look like. how can housekeeping departments ensure they procure the right equipment?
- Sanju Samuel, director of housekeeping, Habtoor Grand Resort
- Deepti Ahergupte, director of services, JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
- Hari Sudhakar, executive housekeeper, Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah
12pm – Panel session 4: Moving up the ladder
How can housekeepers can develop their careers and move up or across the ladder?
- Lea Ruhimbaccus – executive housekeeper, Fairmont Dubai
- Sheeja Sasidharan, executive housekeeper, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
- Laura Zanifrescu, executive housekeeper, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront
12.40am – Lunch
1.30pm – Close of conference